Smog Test, Emissions Checks & Inspections in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Emissions and Smog Testing Stations in Fredericksburg, VA
Emissions and Smog Testing in Fredericksburg By CityGrid
International Auto Specialists
Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express
Asa - Atn - BBB - BBB Accredited Business - Independent BMW - Independent BMW Service Center - Rsa - Service Center - WORLDPAC
Automobile - Repairs & Services
Automobile - Repairs & Services, Automobile Diagnostic Services, Automotive Inspection Station & Service
Read User Reviews
International Auto Specialist
1319 Princess Anne St, Fredericksburg, VA 22401, USA
Showing 5 reviews out of total
Went here to diagnose a noise coming from behind the rear of my 325I BMW. Took in total 2 trips to diagnose the problem. The first was free and believed it to be the back right wheel done by Bob Shorke the owner. He made some modifications and was unable to reproduce the should but I was. I came back 2 weeks later with an appointment for an oil change and to solidify a time slot for a real diagnoses. Kevin discovered that it was a rear driveshaft joint locking up and they were unable to fix it and needed to replace the entire drive shaft.
So okay. I did some research after I left and figured I would replace Flex Joint at least and get it confirmed while I do it. So I schedule a 3rd appointment with the primary agenda being to replace the Flex Joint and once they have already taken my drive shaft out they discover the Flex Joint they ordered is the wrong fit.
So they don't replace and basically tell me what they told me on the 2nd appointment(which I believed them, I wanted to have my flex joint and possible center support bearing replaced and while we were in the area physically see my drive shaft).
I have emails detailing my intent. At the end of the day I took leave day off work to have the joint replaced. Got charged 241 dollars and told they're not gonna replace my flex joint.
It's two stars cause I like the people that work there. But this three figure charge for a part I wanted replaced not being replaced by fault of whomever ordered the part is dirty business.
I have worked out with the shop a means to address the miscommunication. Leaving this comment here as an indication to clarify 100% what you're reason for bringing your vehicle in is.
Bob the owner and Will the manager are just fantastic. They go out of their way to make the customer happy and their quality of service is top notch. I can't say enough good things about the entire operation. Truly top notch.
WOMEN BEWARE of this RIP-OFF company. They charged me $1000 MORE than the job was worth and CANNOT BE TRUSTED for their repair costs or the quality of their parts. Here's what happened:
In March 2014, I took my car in for a repair at International Auto Specialist (IAS).
- They evaluated the car and estimated a repair cost of $1700. This involved replacing an ABS Control Module in my 528i BMW.
- When I went to pick up my car, I noticed the letters “RMFD” written after the description of the part I’d had replaced. I told them I wanted a new part & was informed that “this part always comes as a remanufactured part”.
- I thought the price of $1300 was a lot to pay for a remanufactured part. I found brand new parts from Bosch for as little as $400.
- I contacted the office manager at IAS again and demanded a new part replacement. He responded “that IS a new part in your car although it says remanufactured – I made a mistake – there’s no way to replace it because it’s programmed to your car”.
- The part IAS put in my car failed within 10 miles of driving. I had it removed by another service company & returned the failed part to IAS demanding my money back. They resisted but ended up refunding money FOR THE PART ONLY and NOT FOR THE LABOR of putting the defective part in.
- I bought a new part and had it replaced by the other service company. I took my car back to IAS for programming since I’d already paid for this service. My original replaced part with the BMW logo sitting on my passenger seat WAS TAKEN & REPLACED with another part that DID NOT have the logo.
A place to go for your BMW needs.
A Google User
I've been taking my cars to Bob & International Auto Specialists many years now. I have only great things to say about the service I've received. They are HONEST and experts at what they do. It's the only place in town I would take my BMW. I previously had an Audi which they kept in great running order as well.
Listings provided by Neustar Localeze
Last updated 04-Oct-2016
Local Auto Services
Local Smog and Emissions in
These Emissions and Smog Testing service the following towns and cities
- Rappahannock Academy
Emissions and Smog Testing in other cities